Mrs. Bector is going to be the second company to launch an IPO offering in December after Burger King. The Burger King IPO will list in the exchanges today when Mrs. Bector IPO will open for subscription tomorrow. The bakery manufacturer’s IPO will hit the market for Rs 540 crores.
The IPO market is one of the key metrics to measure the performance of the capital market, especially for developing countries. Indian IPO market had rapidly grown in importance, exhibiting steady growth in 2018 and 2019. But the current global pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 had put a damper to its robust growth in 2020.
However, the IPO market performance picked up during the second half of the year after suffering a lean period between April and June, and companies have raised over Rs 30,000 crores from the IPO market in FY2020-21.
Mrs. Bector IPO is the fifteenth initial public offering of 2020. Here are the few things to keep in mind for investors who would bet for Mrs. Bector IPO.
- The total size of the IPO is determined at Rs 540 crores with Rs 40 crores worth of fresh scrips and Rs 500 crores of offer of sale shares
- Its promoters, Linus Private Ltd., Mabel Private Ltd, GW Crown PTE Ltd and GW Confectionary PTE Ltd., will offload a portion of their stakes to reduce their current shareholding of 52.39 percent to 51.13 percent
- Shares worth of Rs 50 crores are set aside for eligible employees, which they can receive at Rs 15 discount from the market price of the issue
- The shares will get introduced in the price band of Rs 286-288 to fetch Rs Rs 540 crores on the upper side of the price band
- Investors need to bid for a minimum lot size of 50 equities and in the multiples of 50 thereafter
- Post-IPO, public holding in the company will go up to 48.87 percent
- Mrs Bector IPO’s bidding window will remain open from December 15 to 17, 2020
- The bidding for anchor brokers will begin on December 14, 2020
- The company proposed it would utilize the fund mainly to expand its biscuit manufacturing plant in Rajpura and to meet general corporate expenses
- ICICI Securities Ltd., SBI Capital Markets Ltd. and IIFL Securities Ltd. will be the book-running lead manager of the issue
- The shares will list in both the Bombay Stock Exchange and NSE, tentatively on December 28, 2020
Mrs. Bector has PAN India presence as a leading manufacturer of bakery and biscuit products in premium and mid-premium segments. The company supplies its products to 26 states in India and 64 countries under its brand name as well as third-party name.
The company is the largest supplier of buns to brands like Burger King India, Connaught Plaza Restaurants, Hardcastle Restaurants, and Yum! Restaurants (India) that runs KFC and Pizza Hut in India. The Q3 report shows PTA of Rs 388.83 crores, recording a steady YOY growth.
The company has six modern manufacturing units, where all its products are manufactured internally. Analysts expect that its well-diverse portfolio, strong market presence, and distribution channel network are factors to attract investors to the offer.