With linking of Aadhaar Card with Demat account made mandatory many account holders are confused as to how to link Aadhaar with a Demat account online. Your Aadhaar Card can be linked with your Demat account using the following simple steps:
● Step 1: Visit the NSDL website
● Step 2: Click on “Click here to link Aadhaar Number to Demat Account” option on the page
● Step 3: Enter the name of your Depository Participant, DP ID, your client ID, and PAN details
● Step 4: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID
● Step 5: Enter the OTP and click proceed
● Step 6: Enter your Aadhaar details and other necessary details and click proceed
● Step 7: An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
● Step 8: Enter the OTP and click Submit
If you are an Angel Broking Demat account holder, you can simply click here to link your Aadhaar with Demat account.
● Aadhaar card
● DP name, DP ID, PAN, and other details related to your Demat account
● Your registered mobile should be kept handy in order to verify the OTP
You can quickly check if your Aadhaar has been successfully linked with your Demat account by following the below-mentioned steps:
● Visit the UIDAI website
● Click on Check Aadhaar Linked account
● Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
● You will receive an OTP on your mobile, enter that in the OTP field.
● You will be able to see all accounts including your Demat account linked to your Aadhaar
● Linking of Aadhaar with Demat account reduces documentation required for Futures and Options Trading
● Quick and easy eKYC approval as all details are authenticated using your AAadhaar card
● Demat accounts which are not linked to Aadhaar cards could face possible deactivation
● Enables easy monitoring for the regulators and aids in the prevention of frauds